The Wyndham Grand Agra @ Taj Mahal

DSC00301  DSC00303 DSC00309 DSC00311Well forget the Taj Mahal, I could have stayed right here at the Wyndham for the next week and been just as happy. My goodness, even if I had not experienced the challenging issues in the rural hotels that I stayed at during my trip, this hotel was like the gift that keeps giving. I don’t think I have ever taken pictures of a hotel until this one….

It was clearly inspired by the intricacy of Mughal architecture, yet it was modern and had all the amenities.  I have never taken a bath at a hotel before, but this one called me out personally to do just that due to the deep, antique tub – equipped with bubble bath.

The hotel itself featured hidden entry stairs to romantic rooftops, five different restaurants, a club on the lower level, a spa, fitness room, gorgeous business center, and the list goes on. The rooms were all garden entries through fort like doors, with a center court garden complete with water fountains similar to the Taj. We stayed only long enough to eat, drink, and sleep, but I stayed up as late as possible to enjoy the room….it was a welcome relief after the  long journey we had experienced, and a perfect culmination.DSC00302 DSC00305